Due to the pandemic, the 2020 9/11 Memorial Run has changed over to a Salute to Service Professionals "Thank You" Virtual Run!
The race will be taking all virtual run entrance fees to purchase "Thank You Lunches" on your behalf to local service professionals who protect and serve us everyday. This includes the Fire Department, Police Department, EMS, and NHRMC. Lunches will be delivered on 9/11.
Please join the City of Wilmington and its surrounding communities by coming together in community spirit to help support those who gave their all and those who continue to protect and serve us each day.
Good will always prevail and “We Will Never Forget.”
VIRTUAL RACE INSTRUCTIONS – READ BEFORE YOU RUN!
1. GET THE IYR VIRTUAL APP
– Download the App called “IYR VIRTUAL” on your phone. IYR has several apps, so be sure to download the one called IYR VIRTUAL. The App is not required, but makes uploading your results automatic.
– Once you open the App, you will be asked for your name and email address to find your registration record. You will need to use the email address associated with your registration profile. If someone else’s email address was used for your registration profile, you will need to use that email.
2. RUN YOUR RACE
– Run or walk the distance you registered for at any time and anywhere between September 3 and September 11.
3. SUBMIT YOUR TIME (read before you run)
– Option 1: Run with the IYR Virtual App, and let it record your finish time. The App will track your run, tell you when you finish the race, and automatically upload your finish time to the race results.
1) When you’re ready to run, open the IYR Virtual App using the email address associated with your registration record.
2) Search for the name of the race.
3) Click on “Tracker” and then on “Ready for My Race”
4) You will be prompted to enable Background Location in your Settings. Make sure this background setting is set to ALWAYS, and NOT Only When Using. The ALWAYS setting ensures that if the phone goes to sleep, or you play music, the App will still track your run. Following your race, simply go to Settings, find IYR Virtual, and turn off Background Location.
– Option 2: Use the IYR Virtual App to Manually Upload your results from your Garmin, GPS, or Strava to the IYR Virtual App after your race. After your race, open the App, find the race, click on Tracker, then Upload Results.
– Option 3: Upload a picture of your results through a Google From. Use the following link to send us a picture of your results. Your results will not post automatically online like those using the IYR Virtual App, as we have to upload these results manually. SUBMIT RESULTS HERE
4. SHARE YOUR PICTURES
– Be sure to take pictures of your run/walk and share them with us. We will be creating a Facebook album. SUMBIT PICTURES HERE